Did you know that the President of the United States will send any US citizen who is 80 or older a birthday card to help celebrate? (If they’re a military veteran, they’re eligible at 70). Getting a card with 80th birthday wishes from the President is a fantastic highlight of the special day!
Here’s what you need to know in order to get a signed 80th birthday card from the White House:
Order Early! The White House requests at least six weeks notice, but it is currently taking “several months” to send the cards out. So the earlier you get your request in, the better chance you have of it arriving in time for the big event.
Address – Mail your request (at least 6 weeks early!) to:
Greetings Office at The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20500.
Fax Number – You can also fax your request to 1-202-456-2461
Required Information – Be sure to include the following details in your request:
- name and home address of birthday celebrant
- title or form of address (Mr., Mrs., Miss, etc.)
- exact date of occasion, including the month, day and year
- requestor’s name and phone number if you’re requesting this for another person
- any specific mailing instructions if other than to the celebrant’s address
When Will the Card Arrive? The office tries to schedule birthday cards to arrive about 10 days before the event. There is no guarantee of this time, however. Order early for your best chance!